Monday 4 July 2011

State of Origin Aye.

Really disappointed with what went on at Cronulla last Saturday. I took time time off from da Queensland camp to watch da boys and I can honestly say I've never seen such an inept performance. I lined up for half an hour at the hotdog stand and when I got there I was told they only had 5 left. Then at the pie stand they had run out of sausage rolls. A really amateurish performance all round.

Camp with the Queensland boys has been great. Big Mal gathered us around on the thursday night and we had an honesty session, each player had to stand up and tell the rest what it meant to be a maroon. Locky's retelling of his days in Roma bought a tear to my eye, I had know idea that Queensland was a part of Italy. Thursto's effort was equally inspiring - he just grabbed a six pack of fourex and sculled it before falling down drunk.

When it was my turn I was lost for words - how do you tell 20 odd passionate queenslanders that playing for Queensland was all I wanted to do since I was 20 years old when Chris Close first waved a fat cheque under my nose?

We're pumped for the big game. A lot of bullshit has been written about coach Hagan, Gillmeister, Big Mal, typical bullshit from those south of the Murray. The boys are fired up to do it for Chicken George. Sam Thaiday has been practicing being third man in all week, constantly jumping into Billy and Hodgo's bed when they were trying to have some private time together. And Nate Myles has sworn off the booze for a whole day leading up to the game!!!!! Talk about sacrifice.

Back to souths for a minute. Its fair to say we haven't lived up to the hefty expectations placed on us after we finished a spectacular ninth last year. A lot of people are wondering what's going on. Well its simple. John Lang can't coach and John Sutton is a wanker. And Isaac Luke and Lucky Sandow are dimwitted midgets who couldn't outsmart a box of pretzels. And Rusty and Richo keep butting their fat noses in where they're not wanted. And the level of catering at the club is abmyssal. I think its fair to say that moral is at an all time high.

It's tough being away from Sally. I've rang her at least once over the last few days letting her know I love her and the speedboat. That's the hardest thing about being a professional sportsman, the weeks away from your possesions.

Well I best be off. training session later today followed by the traditional pre game dinner which is always a hoot. Actually, I might give the training session a miss and start on the dinner before fat Mal and fat Closey eat all the prawn cocktails.

Cheers and up the mighty morans!!!


PS. To GayloverBunniesMan of Coffs HArbour, please stop sending me the naked pics. I'm not interested. I've got the black hoodie on with the big20 and all the babes are wanting a piece of the big20..............oh, wait, wrong blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment